Saturday 9 December 2017

Not a great Friday

Its cold, but dry and sunny so I should not have had a rotten day compared to all those suffering in the snow. But the deep back filling done on 31 October had popped off.  I have suffered through terrible dentists in the 1960/70s  and absolutely hate the whole process. Not even the young Italian dentist who is very gentle can make up for having to go again so soon.

Make it worse.  After a run of very poor cake making (read inedible) I finally got my Bake-off mojo back  and there was a lovely carrot cake languishing in the tin as my tooth went ouch with every sweet thing.


I use the Mary Berry recipe from BBC Good Food and I can recommend this.  I have learnt the first step of combing the oil, sugar and eggs really well until it thickens is essential.  Here cream filling/topping with this  recipe is lovely.





4 comments:

  1. Nothing worse than a problem tooth. I found a gentle dentist who has fixed me up so I can now relax and enjoy food after many years of suffering. The carrot cake looks really good:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get it sorted very soon so you're able to enjoy some cake. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too dislike the dentist. I broke a tooth last year and the dentist said you must be in pain. I wasn't or at least of convinced myself I wasn't. He filled it and it's been ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you the best at your dentist.... I understand completely how you feel.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete