Thursday 16 November 2017

Three in, Three out

We have been invited to a Country House weekend next month by friends celebrating a 70th birthday. Very posh.  So I went to the most upmarket charity shop in town last week to see if I could find something  to wear.  I purchased  3 new jumpers - two are lambs wool so need hand washing.

So 3 worn out jumpers had to go.  I am very strict as I am trying to reduce storage areas - what is the point of filling up valuable space with clothes you don't wear (out of date, no occasion to use, wrong size, worn out)?

So 3 worn out jumpers joined the worn out fleeces in being prepared to be made into a rag rug! 


Now the evenings are dark it is a comfortable activity stitching the plaited "worms" together sitting in front of the log fire.  I need about 20 of these - they are about 6 ft long! There is nothing much on TV needing full attention so I will be pleasantly occupied till Christmas.


4 comments:

  1. I spend the evenings knitting something that doesn't take loads of attention after I have the pattern down. A cup of tea or hot chocolate, a bit of television and my knitting in hand makes me happy.

    I can't wait to see your rag rug once finished.

    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea and a brilliant use of old products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this wormy rug. I prefer it to the pom pom one I'm currently making so may use all the pompoms elsewhere. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pom Poms - how does that work? Now I will have to look that up in Pininterest!

      Delete