Monday 27 November 2017

Meal planning

Having now restocked the dry goods cupboard I popped down to the next village and spent £32 on
various meats, 1 kg of fresh fish and a tray of eggs.  I then spent the afternoon on dividing it all up to last over the next two weeks.  I have 17 main meals and 10 lunches where some meat is included.

Some is to be cooked in big batches - a mini roast lamb joint that our butchers sells for £2.90 and will last at least two main meals. Sometimes a bit also left for a lunch.
I also got a pack of shin of beef. Stewed in the slow cooker with beans it makes lovely meals for 2 days. I try to be good and restrict the addition of dumplings to just one day.  But its cold and I could weaken and have more. Weight loss will have to wait a bit longer.

The rest was all weighed into 200grm portions which is our shared protein for our main meal.

A bucket of fresh vegetable collected from the veg patch will help the week's meals.
Some weeks ago I was reading a blog of someone who used up odd shampoos for other cleaning.  Having got annoyed with how poor my supermarket own brand shampoo was I thought I'd use the rubbish up on cleaning up the stove top.  Great results!

No wonder it was doing nothing for my hair!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have a use it up couple of months after Christmas. I have do many little bottles of bits I've collected on my travels. The veg looks lovely so does the cooker top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lots of small shampoo bottles and small lotion bottles, I am going to have to use them up very soon. Wow, the shampoo sure cleaned your stove!!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete