Monday 6 November 2017

60p cushion

I had a terrible time with the numbing at the dentists this week, I could hardly see straight for about half an hour. So I went for a wander round the shops (trying not to dribble) to calm myself before trying to catch a bus home. (some buses were just not turning up - the 20 min between buses turned into nothing for 50 mins and then 3 bus loads tried to get on).

In the local fabric shop I could not find any thing to suit my fish pattern project but I found a piece of material in the bargain bin.  My husband has an oversize cushion on the settee, leftover from eldest son's settee about 8 years ago, which was nearly worn through.  The fabric square was 60p, the zip was from my stash of recycled bits and the backing fabric was left over from another project.

I put the zip in first as the fabric could be kept flat, left a couple of inches unzipped while I then went round the seams. Half an hour at most and the cushion was back on the settee looking bright and breezy.



5 comments:

  1. Nice fabric print very cheerful, I like the humming bird and sea horses there too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were about £5 each with the fillers! Luckily I had a gift token!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Got to say it was the best thing in the whole box - rest was dull, dull, dull.

      Delete
  3. I've seen that fabric somewhere else and loved it. Very nice cushion.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete