Sunday 9 April 2017

Shabby chic

Our favourite garden centre (up near Spalding) has gone all shabby chic in its dinning areas. I saw an idea some weeks ago and have adapted it.
Take old, cheap frames, left over paint, old canvas bag, some shapes from an applique site on the web, and an old AA map book.
I did not set out to cut out the words but by accident the right words appeared in the first frame and I liked it. I did deliberately choose the maps for favourite past holidays.

Just right to cheer up the brick wall in our shabby (not very chic, yet) conservatory area!




6 comments:

  1. Oooooh I like that idea. I have a mountain of frames I could do something with but they will need painting as they are all dark wood.....from when I used to like dark wood years ago-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Painting frames is a bit fiddly I should have thought about where to put them down before I started. Fingers got a bit covered.

      Delete
  2. Love it, and only you have them..... I love to steal ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, and I love the way you used the words.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete