Sunday 30 April 2017

First new potatoes

I wish I could say these were planned but one potato plant  popped up from some left in the poly tunnel by accident. Now that the new crops are making progress the potato plant was in the way and we dug it up. Luckily there was a nice crop!
They were delicious and at least I did not have to go to the shops for another two days. As food bills are creeping up in costs,  I am trying to make use of every scrap of food before shopping again.  We have a new rule here - if we don't have some particular food item, we use an alternative that we do have, before rushing to top up the shopping!





2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. I am substituting, or doing with out because prices are getting absolutely crazy.

    Nothing tastes as good as potatoes from the garden.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food is getting more expensive or the packages are smaller, we have potatoes on our greenhouse, they will be ready soon.

    ReplyDelete